Monday, December 27, 2004

 

The last (seventh?) week in review

I feel like I lost a week somewhere-maybe it was Christmas holidays. I took a few days off to do some shopping even though I really didn't feel like it this year. I did find some good bargains though. My husband wrapped almost all the presents this time. Unfortunately, he doesn't use his reading glasses as much as he should so at least one of them had the wrong name on it. He also grabbed some boys socks for my 6' son when we went shopping together.

The Christmas feeling finally hit me at about 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Our interim minister put on a pretty good show that night. He had different rows of the congregation jumping up and singing one of the days of Christmas in turn. I went to a small party at fellow choir member's after that (he and his wife always do this). My youngest sister (who's also out of a job) had most of the family at her place for dinner on Christmas Day. My five-year-old nephew said it was the best meal ever and he was right. He then had an accident in his pants which ended the evening for his mother (my other sister) and her husband. It turned out to be a pretty good Christmas after all. I really didn't want my (un)employment status to be a downer at this time of year.

On the job front, I applied for three more jobs via the Internet-one through a recruiter, one at a bank and one with the government. The last one I also sent to a former colleague who has more experience in this regard (corporate CAB lead). I really waffled on whether I should apply or not.

I got a couple of callbacks last week (Christmas Eve day and the day before). The one was from a firm I applied directly to on Monster. This is a first-I must be getting better with cover letters and my resume. It was a real morale booster for some reason. I also got a call to arrange an interview this week at a cheque manufacturing firm where one of my former colleagues, an AIX sysadmin, now works. Wish me luck!

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?