Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

The Weekly Routine

First thing in the morning every day, I log in and review any job alerts that might have arrived overnight. I also try to the message of the day from Lou Tice at the Pacific Institute. In the afternoon, my son and I walk out about a kilometer to the mailbox (not that anything job significant arrives that way). It's just to get him and me out of the house. I have to admit that I haven't been very faithful to this ritual lately.

Mondays, I review my self-marketing plan and outline the week's activities. I scan all the corporate job sites I'm interested in (there is some redundancy with monster and Workopolis here). I have these set up as favourites, but I hear there's a tool that allows you to open them up all at once. Also, I catch up on any interesting job alerts that arrived over the weekend.

Tuesday, I buy a Lottario ticket if the jackpot's over a million.

Wednesdays, I buy a Globe & Mail (there is some redundancy with Workopolis).

Fridays, I buy a Super 7 ticket for the pool I have with a former colleague and my old boss (see a trend emerging here?). I also try to snag a local newspaper from one of the neighbours to check out the want ads.

Saturdays, I buy a Toronto Star (there is some redundancy with Workopolis).

D.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?