Thursday, April 07, 2005
The twenty-first week in review
Five months without a job. I'm getting lazy and think I'm starting to enjoy being at home. I'm already looking forward to spending more time in the garden this summer. I don't understand now how I managed a household and a full-time job. I know I'll have regrets about time wasted when this period of my life is finally over.
On the IT front, I've applied for a couple of WAS sysadmin jobs mostly out of a need to have something to show (even if unproductive) for my job search efforts. According to my Right-Axmith profiling, this is how I respond to stress. I've even sent out my resume to a service management company. When I stop to think about it, I can't believe that I sunk this low. Sending out emails to a few former colleagues about MQ/WAS usage has brought useless or no response. The fellow who supposedly was looking for contract help said he didn't need any and referred me to IBM. Huh? There was that phantom WAS admin position at The Dominion.
On the teaching front, I applied for a fall position teaching Computer Science at a private school in the city.
D.
On the IT front, I've applied for a couple of WAS sysadmin jobs mostly out of a need to have something to show (even if unproductive) for my job search efforts. According to my Right-Axmith profiling, this is how I respond to stress. I've even sent out my resume to a service management company. When I stop to think about it, I can't believe that I sunk this low. Sending out emails to a few former colleagues about MQ/WAS usage has brought useless or no response. The fellow who supposedly was looking for contract help said he didn't need any and referred me to IBM. Huh? There was that phantom WAS admin position at The Dominion.
On the teaching front, I applied for a fall position teaching Computer Science at a private school in the city.
D.