Monday, May 09, 2005
The last three weeks in review
Six months without a job. I haven't had any interviews so I've been taking a bit of a breather to improve my spirits. I think I've sent out as many job leads to others as I've found for myself.
On the sysadmin front, I've applied for a handful of jobs via Internet (Application Support Analyst at RBC, Middleware Specialist at CI Funds, B2B Network Services Analyst (UNIX) at Sun Life, Sr. Systems Support Analyst at BMO) just to keep busy (hoping to get lucky even though I know nothing will come of it). For the life of me, I can't figure out how to include a cover letter in the RBC recruiting system. I've gotten a couple of calls from recruiters but nothing concrete. I continue to study the MQ manuals, but nothing seems to stick. I must be getting old!
On the ITSM/ITIL front, ditto above (IT Service Desk Analyst III at CDS, Problem/Change Coordinator via GSI, Infrastructure Integration Consultant at CIBC). One of my former teammates is looking into the CIBC job to see what he can find out (he got his job through a quasi-Right Axmith/networking approach). I got my manual and I've started to study for the ITIL Foundations exam.
This week, my networking starts in earnest!
D.
On the sysadmin front, I've applied for a handful of jobs via Internet (Application Support Analyst at RBC, Middleware Specialist at CI Funds, B2B Network Services Analyst (UNIX) at Sun Life, Sr. Systems Support Analyst at BMO) just to keep busy (hoping to get lucky even though I know nothing will come of it). For the life of me, I can't figure out how to include a cover letter in the RBC recruiting system. I've gotten a couple of calls from recruiters but nothing concrete. I continue to study the MQ manuals, but nothing seems to stick. I must be getting old!
On the ITSM/ITIL front, ditto above (IT Service Desk Analyst III at CDS, Problem/Change Coordinator via GSI, Infrastructure Integration Consultant at CIBC). One of my former teammates is looking into the CIBC job to see what he can find out (he got his job through a quasi-Right Axmith/networking approach). I got my manual and I've started to study for the ITIL Foundations exam.
This week, my networking starts in earnest!
D.