Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

The last two weeks in review

Because I hadn't been feeling well, I haven't accomplished much. I've gotten a couple of calls from recruiters, but again nothing concrete. I did study for my ITIL Foundations certification which I passed last weekend. I'm expecting this to open some doors, but I might be delusional. Next up, MQ.

Again, I've applied for a handful of jobs via the Internet (2xCIBC, CGI, RBC, BMO, ManuLife, RIM). Half were middleware and half were ITIL. I'm now even looking at positions in the Kitchener-Waterloo area which is too far to commute, but I have family close by. I don't think I'll hear anything without internal contacts.

When I was updating my resumes for the ITIL certification, I discovered that I'd screwed up a previous application to Manulife by addressing the cover letter to Rogers. I know where that application went. I also got an automated rejection from HP (tell me something I don't already know). More good news: an email from the Ontario College of Teachers announced that the teacher shortage is over.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?