Tuesday, May 17, 2005
The twenty-seventh week in review
Last week was a good week for Internet prospecting. I found so many jobs of interest I haven't completed applications for them all yet. Some of them are discarded after I have a second look. Unfortunately, I haven't had an interview in a month.
On the sysadmin front, I applied for another job at Unisen and I got a turndown from CIBC for the job that my teammate had been trying to help with. I retried the MQ sample certification test and didn't do any better than the first time. Back to the books!
There has been more opportunities on the ITSM/ITIL front (Network Service Coordinator at Rogers, Environment Coordinator at CIBC, Change Manager at Manulife). One of my teammates applied for the Manulife job when it was first posted in the fall. He got an interview but the chemistry wasn't right as well as it being a team leader position. I don't know if they actually hired someone, and (s)he didn't work out or the position been unfilled all this time. It's a bad sign either way, I guess. I'm four-fifths of the way through the itSMF Intro manual and hope to write the certification exam by the end of the month (hopefully MQ too).
My prospects may not be any better but my spirits sure are.
D.
On the sysadmin front, I applied for another job at Unisen and I got a turndown from CIBC for the job that my teammate had been trying to help with. I retried the MQ sample certification test and didn't do any better than the first time. Back to the books!
There has been more opportunities on the ITSM/ITIL front (Network Service Coordinator at Rogers, Environment Coordinator at CIBC, Change Manager at Manulife). One of my teammates applied for the Manulife job when it was first posted in the fall. He got an interview but the chemistry wasn't right as well as it being a team leader position. I don't know if they actually hired someone, and (s)he didn't work out or the position been unfilled all this time. It's a bad sign either way, I guess. I'm four-fifths of the way through the itSMF Intro manual and hope to write the certification exam by the end of the month (hopefully MQ too).
My prospects may not be any better but my spirits sure are.
D.