Tuesday, July 19, 2005
The last three weeks (minus one)
The week before we went to the cottage, my head really wasn't into the job search. I applied for a few things (Sr. Technical Support Specialist with Justice Technology Services, Application Support Specialist at Telus Mobility) but they didn't close until the second week of July.
CBC decided to do a phone interview before we left while the housesitter was getting the grand tour. Haven't heard from them since.
The week after we got back, I applied for a few more positions, but some were just stupid/shots in the dark (Computer Operations Team Leader at OLGC), but I met the requirements. I think one was actually a retread of the Honda/Toyota WAS admin position but through a different recruiter. One was a different position at RBC, and I already have the generic email turndown. I've given up on teaching positions but I did apply for Technical Analyst position at the Ministry of Education hoping they might be impressed by my B.Ed.
Last Tuesday, my teammate and I got callbacks from RBC to arrange phone interviews (finally-the position closed ten days ago). Mine was on Wednesday and his the day after. My teammate was kind enough to give me a copy of the job description which I had forgotten to capture. There was a behavioural component. I got asked about a challenging goal I had set for myself, breaking down a complex problem, soliciting ideas from the team and proactively addressing a problem without immediate consequence. We both "passed" so the recruiter recommended us to the hiring manager for a face-to-face but no guarantees. Then on Friday we both got callbacks to arrange interviews on Monday. My teammate had planned to go to his cottage.
D.
CBC decided to do a phone interview before we left while the housesitter was getting the grand tour. Haven't heard from them since.
The week after we got back, I applied for a few more positions, but some were just stupid/shots in the dark (Computer Operations Team Leader at OLGC), but I met the requirements. I think one was actually a retread of the Honda/Toyota WAS admin position but through a different recruiter. One was a different position at RBC, and I already have the generic email turndown. I've given up on teaching positions but I did apply for Technical Analyst position at the Ministry of Education hoping they might be impressed by my B.Ed.
Last Tuesday, my teammate and I got callbacks from RBC to arrange phone interviews (finally-the position closed ten days ago). Mine was on Wednesday and his the day after. My teammate was kind enough to give me a copy of the job description which I had forgotten to capture. There was a behavioural component. I got asked about a challenging goal I had set for myself, breaking down a complex problem, soliciting ideas from the team and proactively addressing a problem without immediate consequence. We both "passed" so the recruiter recommended us to the hiring manager for a face-to-face but no guarantees. Then on Friday we both got callbacks to arrange interviews on Monday. My teammate had planned to go to his cottage.
D.