Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

The thiry-eighth week in review

Monday's prospecting didn't turn up much. I think I'm getting pickier and submitting better quality applications (working smarter not harder). I applied for Operations Support Analyst positions at City of Toronto (AIX) and BMO (mainframe). I threw in an application for Change Management Manager at Sun Life even though I hadn't planned to because of the confusion created by phantom job phone call.

Tuesday, I found out that my teammate got the RBC job. He thinks they liked his mainframe background. He'd gotten the call on Friday, but didn't want to tell me. I would have had an easier weekend if he had have. He hadn't even said yes yet because he was waiting to hear from CIBC about another job he had interviewed for. I was a bit disappointed but happy for him. He's been out of work a month longer than me.

Wednesday, I got a call from The Economical to come out to Waterloo for an interview. It's not for a couple of weeks. There was a mini phone interview before the invitation. Both during the phone call and in the followup email, dress code was mentioned. I find this surprising since most people put on their best bib & tucker for an interview. It's a red flag.

I still haven't gotten any details on the MQ contract in Edmonton.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?