Tuesday, August 16, 2005
The fortieth week in review
The job market is dead, dead, dead. I didn't receive any job alerts worth pursuing. This appears to validate my decision to take a break. I still have the odd recruiter pestering me, but it's like they don't even read my resume.
Prospecting only turned up one job at HP, and it wasn't in any of my technical specialities. I think I only apply at HP out of spite. The Accenture MQ position is still open! That's four weeks now. I got an email turndown from Telus Mobility.
I found out yesterday that my old boss already has a new job lined up at a P&C company. He got it through his old boss. He's been dogging the guy ever since he left CLA. I couldn't bring myself to do this. Our old VP is there as well, but I don't think she factored into the hiring decision. Aside from a teammate who just finished at the end of June, I think I'm the only one left in the group who doesn't have a job.
D.
Prospecting only turned up one job at HP, and it wasn't in any of my technical specialities. I think I only apply at HP out of spite. The Accenture MQ position is still open! That's four weeks now. I got an email turndown from Telus Mobility.
I found out yesterday that my old boss already has a new job lined up at a P&C company. He got it through his old boss. He's been dogging the guy ever since he left CLA. I couldn't bring myself to do this. Our old VP is there as well, but I don't think she factored into the hiring decision. Aside from a teammate who just finished at the end of June, I think I'm the only one left in the group who doesn't have a job.
D.