Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

So much for taking a break

Monday, I went downtown for an interview with a recruiter about a WebSphere administrator position at an insurance software company. I'm backlevelled on WebSphere so I don't think anything is going to come of this. The location is terrible, too. After the interview, I drop in on my old boss and find out that he's invited everyone to lunch to celebrate the other guy getting the RBC job. He didn't know that we were both up for it.

Tuesday, I drive down to Waterloo (for the third time) to interview with The Economical for a Middleware Analyst position. There was a behavioural component on their five or six core values. There was a technical component. I handle some of MQ technical questions with ease (how to convert a queue manager from linear to circular logs, the advantage of circular logs), but have to pass on clustering. I also have to complete their paper application and a word association test from McQuaig. It takes two and a half hours, but it was civilized. Everyone is pleasant.

Wednesday, I get a call from CI Funds to interview for Middleware Support Analyst. I set this up for Friday morning as I'm going to be downtown for lunch.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?