Thursday, August 11, 2005
Therapy
I took my son for his third therapy session this afternoon. He was not impressed. I don't think he's eaten all day either. This is how he manages his outings.
I attended the first session. It was mostly just bringing the therapist up-to-speed on why we were there. She told us that she had worked with other IBS sufferers. The program is free and deals with issues like school avoidance. I told her that I expected pain management techniques. He attended the second session by himself, and it sounded like it was more background work. She asked him to keep a food log recording his consumption and feelings.
Sounds like they really got into it this time. She told him that his stomach was ruling his head rather than vice versa or something to that effect. For example, he needs a haircut, and she was questioning how he could make it to therapy but not to the haircutters. In my heart of hearts, I agree with her but I can't say this to my son.
D.
I attended the first session. It was mostly just bringing the therapist up-to-speed on why we were there. She told us that she had worked with other IBS sufferers. The program is free and deals with issues like school avoidance. I told her that I expected pain management techniques. He attended the second session by himself, and it sounded like it was more background work. She asked him to keep a food log recording his consumption and feelings.
Sounds like they really got into it this time. She told him that his stomach was ruling his head rather than vice versa or something to that effect. For example, he needs a haircut, and she was questioning how he could make it to therapy but not to the haircutters. In my heart of hearts, I agree with her but I can't say this to my son.
D.