Monday, August 08, 2005
The thirty-ninth week in review
Nine months without a job. It's been really slow the past week, but that's not surprising due to the Civic Holiday in Ontario on Monday. I only found one job worth applying for, and it's outside my field. I haven't gotten any calls this week, but a lot of the jobs I've applied for lately didn't/don't close until last Friday/today. I believe the Accenture MQ posting is still open. I did get an email from a former team leader about positions at The Dominion, but they appear to be development related. I'm having a b***** of a time opening the attachments with my cheesy word processor.
My teammate starts at RBC today. It was ten months without work for him. I'm a little confused about what happened with that position. The posting was for distributed environments, but they hired a mainframe guy. Now granted he is the better MQ resource, but I do wonder if I was the right sex for that position. I left a message for the team leader last week soliciting job leads and feedback, but I'd be real surprised if he returns it.
I saw the Manulife System Integrator position come up again, but now both UNIX and Windows are requirements. The project manager confirmed that it was similar to the previous postings. Isent him an email, and he actually responded. This is a first class operation except for phone calls for jobs I didn't apply for.
This entry was created using Mozilla's Firefox browser. I keep calling it Foxfire in my head. I'm experimenting with it. The cursor keeps disappearing on me while I'm working on this. A lot of pages do load faster. It's supposed to be more secure than IE.
D.
My teammate starts at RBC today. It was ten months without work for him. I'm a little confused about what happened with that position. The posting was for distributed environments, but they hired a mainframe guy. Now granted he is the better MQ resource, but I do wonder if I was the right sex for that position. I left a message for the team leader last week soliciting job leads and feedback, but I'd be real surprised if he returns it.
I saw the Manulife System Integrator position come up again, but now both UNIX and Windows are requirements. The project manager confirmed that it was similar to the previous postings. Isent him an email, and he actually responded. This is a first class operation except for phone calls for jobs I didn't apply for.
This entry was created using Mozilla's Firefox browser. I keep calling it Foxfire in my head. I'm experimenting with it. The cursor keeps disappearing on me while I'm working on this. A lot of pages do load faster. It's supposed to be more secure than IE.
D.