Friday, September 30, 2005

 

My last week of freedom

I wish I had another week off. Does that sound greedy?

I've been busy all week getting ready for a focus group session at my church this Saturday. We've hired a professional facilitator to take us through a visioning process. Actually, I will be facilitating one of the breakout session. One faction has been fairly vocal about how much this is costing even though we have the money, and we're getting a break on the price. I might see some of them today at the Fellowship Lunch in the next village. I want to ask them what their alternative is. We need to determine how to get the church back on its feet.

My son finally completed the first unit in the correspondence course (Gr. 11 applied English) he's been working on since last March. He got it back from marking on Monday and he scored 82. This is a breakthrough for him. It also allows us to sign him up for other courses. I'm hoping this will let him to get his schooling back on track.

During the past year, I've been saying that I only needed one more thing to go wrong with my life (no job, sick kid, church in chaos). It seems like things might be getting back on track.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?