Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Personal calamities/preoccupations

The Wednesday before the Labour Day weekend, my son ran the well dry in an attempt to get some laundry done. The water still wasn't back the next day. We left for the cottage that afternoon fortunately. Normally, my sisters use the cottage on the holiday weekend, but the one had other plans. We asked the other, the enterprise DBA, to come up with us, but she decided to stay home and get her pool closed.

My husband wanted to fish one last time this season. My daughter wanted to see her cousins (my brother's kids). I haven't had much to do with my brother for a number of years, but his wife (#3 in a series) just left him so I'm being nice to keep my mother happy. She worries about him being suicidal. I told her he's too much of a sociopath to kill himself. I asked them out for supper Saturday night. At 5:45 p.m., the phone rings, and it's him asking when we're leaving and saying that he and his stepson are going out to a bar that night. I had half expected this. We made plans for them to come out to lunch the next day. It's funny that the only kid living with him is not blood.

After Labour Day, we tried to get my son back to school. I drove him down for last period several times, but it was just too hard for him still. The last time we made it to the school but not in the door. My school board is now offering a virtual schooling program so we're looking at that.

Last week, I was at the church three times. Once was for choir practice as per normal, but I stayed late to practice a solo I want to do. We also had a Visioning Committee meeting. This was the kickoff for the process. It was a bit tough finding people to participate. There are about 130 names on our church list, but maximum turnout I think we can expect is about 40. I also ran an M & P meeting which I wanted to keep short, but took two hours anyway. People like to talk. This committee is Captain Dunsel (original Star Trek reference) while we are in oversight. My son's therapy also restarted. He hasn't been since he had his wisdom teeth out.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?