Thursday, October 27, 2005
My first car
We picked up a "new to us" car on Tuesday to replace the old Ford pickup. It's a white 2000 Chevrolet Malibu with 128, 000 km on it. It's the first car to go in my name. Now I can come and go to work when I please. I knew my husband couldn't hack the dropping off and picking up. And he is scary to ride with after dark.
I almost missed the bus tonight again, and it's forty-five minutes to the next and last one. I tore out of the subway and made it to the terminal but the bus was already pulling away. He stopped for me, but I tripped up the stairs. The bus driver says "You don't want me to have to give you CPR". When I got off the bus, I told him I was getting too old for running after buses.
D.
I almost missed the bus tonight again, and it's forty-five minutes to the next and last one. I tore out of the subway and made it to the terminal but the bus was already pulling away. He stopped for me, but I tripped up the stairs. The bus driver says "You don't want me to have to give you CPR". When I got off the bus, I told him I was getting too old for running after buses.
D.