Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

The second week in review

Tuesday, we fixed the MQ connection timeout problem. My boss was surprised that I got it done so fast. I told him I just followed the process. I filed the Emergency Change Request and made sure that the guy who had to the change was available. No biggie.

My boss and I were finally able to get together with one of the other team leaders to discuss the handoff of application server support. Actually, I find out at the meeting that this won't be a handoff. I will become a member of a virtual team with some of the guys from the Server Team (aka Network Services-Applications). Previously, I had asked my boss who my backup would be, and he got this pained look on his face.

They have instances of WAS 4, WAS 5, JBoss and Tomcat. I ask if there is a standard for the one used. I am referred to the architects. I ask the woman I assume is one of the senior ones, and she refers me to one of the ex-CLAers that has only been there six months. He tells me that there is no standard and that everyone brings their personal favourite to the table at project time.

Later that day, I find out that MQ clustering had been set up by a contractor for fun and that the company isn't deriving any benefit from it.

I don't have that much to do yet. Hopefully, that will change next week. I've asked my boss for other things to do. It looks like the MQ transition kickoff will have to be rescheduled to later in the week.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?