Monday, November 21, 2005

 

I hate Mondays

I slept through my alarm this morning so I was fifteen minutes later getting out of the house. I get to bus stop in time, but the bus isn't there. It shows up five minutes later. There's been a schedule change. Traffic is terrible on the 400 southbound. The bus gets to Yorkdale 15 minutes late. I make good connections on the subway, but get to the office two hours after I left the house. When I left 15 minutes earlier on Thursday and Friday, I got to the office in an hour and 35 minutes.

On the way home, I again make good connections on the subway. I get to Yorkdale in time to see the 4:50 bus drive away. I knew it would be tight so I have to wait for the 5:05. This used to be the 5:10, but the schedule has changed. The bus leaves a little after 5:05. The driver takes the 401 express westbound. He moves into the collectors at the 400 exit, but doesn't merge with traffic and cruises right past the 400. I ask him where he is going, and he realizes what he has done. One of the other passengers coaches him on turning around at Weston Road. Traffic is terrible on the 400 northbound. I get home 2 hr and 15 minutes after leaving the office. I had left early hoping to get some kamut bread for my son at a specialty bakery, but I couldn't make it from the bus before they closed.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?