Friday, November 11, 2005
Mini Reunion
One of my former colleagues was at 3600 Steeles (IBM) for MQ AS/400 training so I asked him if he could pop down for lunch. He agreed.
The morning of the lunch, it was miserable outside (windy and raining). I half expected him to cancel, but he finally arrived. We surprised him with former Domino tead leader from our old shop. We went to the coffee shop onsite because it was fast. He and I had the chili. He couldn't stay long so we didn't get much of a chance to talk, but he did confirm my suspicions about a certain bank where he beat me out for a job. I should have worn pants to that interview.
I went to a church dinner that evening. I was going to stay to help but I started to get pains in my stomach. Later that night, I was violently ill. I got my husband to take me to emergency the next morning. They put me on IV with Gravol and did blood tests and an ultrasound. They thought it was a virus or most likely food poisoning. I hope it wasn't from the church. I missed two days off work and won't get paid for it since I don't qualify for sick days yet.
D.
The morning of the lunch, it was miserable outside (windy and raining). I half expected him to cancel, but he finally arrived. We surprised him with former Domino tead leader from our old shop. We went to the coffee shop onsite because it was fast. He and I had the chili. He couldn't stay long so we didn't get much of a chance to talk, but he did confirm my suspicions about a certain bank where he beat me out for a job. I should have worn pants to that interview.
I went to a church dinner that evening. I was going to stay to help but I started to get pains in my stomach. Later that night, I was violently ill. I got my husband to take me to emergency the next morning. They put me on IV with Gravol and did blood tests and an ultrasound. They thought it was a virus or most likely food poisoning. I hope it wasn't from the church. I missed two days off work and won't get paid for it since I don't qualify for sick days yet.
D.