Sunday, November 27, 2005
Town Hall
The other meeting on the snow day was a corporate Town Hall. The CFO who is a Brit did the presentation and was mildly entertaining.
Before the meeting started, I heard someone calling my name. I was expecting my boss to join me, but I didn't seem him. During the presentation, I'm scanning the crowd and I see another former CLAer. He was an application development team lead in the Individual insurance area. I go and talk to him at the break. He started two weeks ago and he's a senior business analyst in Claims. This function is a bit bigger for general insurance than it is for a life operation. He'd already bumped into another of us in HR who tipped him off about my being there.
It's a small world and getting smaller.
D.
Before the meeting started, I heard someone calling my name. I was expecting my boss to join me, but I didn't seem him. During the presentation, I'm scanning the crowd and I see another former CLAer. He was an application development team lead in the Individual insurance area. I go and talk to him at the break. He started two weeks ago and he's a senior business analyst in Claims. This function is a bit bigger for general insurance than it is for a life operation. He'd already bumped into another of us in HR who tipped him off about my being there.
It's a small world and getting smaller.
D.