Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Painful
I have to do my first MQSI message flow promotion but I don't have access to the acceptance server. I ask my mainframe equivalent if I can use his machine and he outright refuses. The handoff warranty period is over. I haven't had any MQSI work to handle since the handoff started, but that doesn't seem to matter to him.
We originally asked for access to this server back in mid December, but no joy and no explanations. I called the Service Desk and reported the issue yesterday. This morning, I called to escalate but check the ticket while I'm talking to them. It's been closed as resolved. This is typical. No one, well very few, ever calls to confirm that they actually fixed the problem. I find out that the guy who actually supports this stuff is away for two weeks. The Service Desk reassigns the ticket to one of the guys on the Server Team who never does anything for me. I go talk to the team leader as well.
This afternoon, I meet with the application area, and they are on the warpath. My mainframe equivalent vehemently turns them down, too. We go see the Server Team leader, and stress the issue with him. He touches base with the same sysadmin who says he'll look at it later in the afternoon. My experience is that he says he will do it but that is as far as it goes, and the team leader never follows up. My manager goes over later, and the sysadmin is tied up with someone else.
Due to this and other technical difficulties (change management software upgrade), this request has been languishing since last Thursday. This is not the customer service that I want to provide.
D.
We originally asked for access to this server back in mid December, but no joy and no explanations. I called the Service Desk and reported the issue yesterday. This morning, I called to escalate but check the ticket while I'm talking to them. It's been closed as resolved. This is typical. No one, well very few, ever calls to confirm that they actually fixed the problem. I find out that the guy who actually supports this stuff is away for two weeks. The Service Desk reassigns the ticket to one of the guys on the Server Team who never does anything for me. I go talk to the team leader as well.
This afternoon, I meet with the application area, and they are on the warpath. My mainframe equivalent vehemently turns them down, too. We go see the Server Team leader, and stress the issue with him. He touches base with the same sysadmin who says he'll look at it later in the afternoon. My experience is that he says he will do it but that is as far as it goes, and the team leader never follows up. My manager goes over later, and the sysadmin is tied up with someone else.
Due to this and other technical difficulties (change management software upgrade), this request has been languishing since last Thursday. This is not the customer service that I want to provide.
D.