Saturday, June 10, 2006
And so it begins
The (g)rumblings are already out about the new CIO after one week on the job. I don't think it's a big deal but what do I know.
She doesn't like the Blackbery (prefers Rogers) or Lotus Notes (prefers Outlook). Notes is a great rapid application development environment. Outlook used to have security holes. An attack brought down or forced the shutdown of the whole email system at GWL at one point before I left.
I can't comment on her RIM versus Rogers prejudice.
We went through the same thing when a new senior VP started at CLA. She didn't like Notes or Meridian voicemail. Nothing came of it, but then she wasn't the CIO either.
D.
She doesn't like the Blackbery (prefers Rogers) or Lotus Notes (prefers Outlook). Notes is a great rapid application development environment. Outlook used to have security holes. An attack brought down or forced the shutdown of the whole email system at GWL at one point before I left.
I can't comment on her RIM versus Rogers prejudice.
We went through the same thing when a new senior VP started at CLA. She didn't like Notes or Meridian voicemail. Nothing came of it, but then she wasn't the CIO either.
D.