Saturday, June 17, 2006
The cat gets out of the bag
Yesterday, we went to lunch for one of the young teammates (Java developer) who was leaving. We went to Mandarin which right beside the office. I had never been there before. The selection of food was amazing, and price was right at least for lunch. It's strictly buffet, but I think you'd have to go several before you got to taste everything you wanted to.
A guy my boss wasn't expecting showed up to join us. He started chatting with the girl beside me and mentioned that he was transferring to my team! My boss hadn't announced it yet. He didn't look too comfortable when he found what had just transpired.
I think the new guy will be fine. I worked with him on a QA setup problem just recently and he seemed competent enough. I had taken a look at my boss's status report so I knew that he had some internal prospects. I was surprised that he didn't consult with the team at all. He did do this at CLA before a couple of new additions to the team. Not that he listened to our advice.
D.
A guy my boss wasn't expecting showed up to join us. He started chatting with the girl beside me and mentioned that he was transferring to my team! My boss hadn't announced it yet. He didn't look too comfortable when he found what had just transpired.
I think the new guy will be fine. I worked with him on a QA setup problem just recently and he seemed competent enough. I had taken a look at my boss's status report so I knew that he had some internal prospects. I was surprised that he didn't consult with the team at all. He did do this at CLA before a couple of new additions to the team. Not that he listened to our advice.
D.