Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

He's still Top Secret

I went out to see an old colleague last night who is in town for a visit. He left CLA in mid '99 to go to Phoenix. He contacted me on LinkedIn. I was a bit surprised because he had reported to me for a while, and then I reported to him when my career went into freefall. I wasn't a good report at the time (just a little bitter). I put out the word to all my contacts.

There were seven ex-CLAers there including myself, a former Computer Operations supervisor (now retired and a grandfather), the former CICS then MVS system programmer who reminds me of Lt. Data on Startrek: Next Generation, a Notes administrator, a Data Control supervisor then contracts/compensation administrator (now retired but still working part-time at CLA), a former firewall admin (now retired and a grandmother) and a former MVS then Workstation Support team leader (also a grandfather). Almost as many people told me they wouldn't be coming. That was a bit disappointing, but it was great to be with the old old gang again. I spent most of my adult life working with these people.

I found out that my first supervisor is doing OK in her battle with cancer, but the little Scot who ran the Telecomm Room and could do the moonwalk like Michael Jackson lost his in the spring.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?