Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

I found a defect! I found a defect!

There was a career first in my inbox a few weeks ago. I've been having a problem with
the MQ trigger monitor object definition. This is new in v6 as it was a service in
v5.3, at least on the Windows platform. I opened a PMR which went to level 1, then
level 2, and then (after having to submit an MQ trace) to change team.

The next week, I got a note saying that change team had been able to reproduce the
problem. I got a note last week saying that they were opening an APAR to address it.
I found a defect! I did something that they didn't expect anyone to do. I had
specified a stderr parameter without specifying the stdout. I figured I don't need to
see the normal output, just the errors. If you specify both, it works fine although
you end up with a bunch of unnecessary messages in your log file. A local fix arrived
in my inbox this week, but I haven't had time to apply it yet.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?