Saturday, June 02, 2007
Lightning strikes!
I'm telling my husband to be sure to buy lotto tickets this weekend.
When I left for choir practice Thursday night, no one was home. My husband had taken my son to his psychologist appointment, but they should have been back.
There was no truck in the driveway when I got home, but the lights were on. They're both in the kitchen so I ask about the truck's whereabouts and if it got hit. It got hit alright, but by lightning. They saw three bolts come down and then bam! The windshield wipers stopped, the check engine light came on and the truck lost power. This was on the 407. They were able to get a call into CAA even though my son only had two minutes of airtime on the pay-as-you-go cellphone he inherited from his sister. They waited an hour and a half for the tow truck.
Right now, the truck's sitting at our mechanic's waiting for the insurance adjuster to come on Monday. Everyone says it should be covered. I just hope that it's repairable.
D.
When I left for choir practice Thursday night, no one was home. My husband had taken my son to his psychologist appointment, but they should have been back.
There was no truck in the driveway when I got home, but the lights were on. They're both in the kitchen so I ask about the truck's whereabouts and if it got hit. It got hit alright, but by lightning. They saw three bolts come down and then bam! The windshield wipers stopped, the check engine light came on and the truck lost power. This was on the 407. They were able to get a call into CAA even though my son only had two minutes of airtime on the pay-as-you-go cellphone he inherited from his sister. They waited an hour and a half for the tow truck.
Right now, the truck's sitting at our mechanic's waiting for the insurance adjuster to come on Monday. Everyone says it should be covered. I just hope that it's repairable.
D.