Thursday, October 18, 2007
Thanksgiving Weekend
Thursday: I left work early to do some grocery shopping. I had just opened the trunk to load my groceries when the work cellphone rang with my boss's ID. He needed to prep his boss for a meeting with Audit the next day. I answered his questions then drove to another plaza to pick up a few more things. I no sooner get there when the cell goes off again. More questions. I started driving home and get about a block when it goes off again. I pull off the road to answer. The first thing I hear is "you're going to kill me". I thought I was going to have to go into work on my day off, but he just had a few more questions. He had his own meeting with Audit to prepare for.
Friday: I took my car in for an long overdue oil change at 8 a.m., then finished off my grocery shopping, and then trucked a couple of loads of laundry over to my sister's after a brief stop at home to unload. I made pumpkin pies after I got back home mid-afternoon. Then it was out to pick up some takeout for dinner. I laid down after supper and didn't get back up until almost 11 p.m. I did some tidying up and went back to bed.
Saturday: I did some tidying up in the morning. Then I started preparing turkey supper: cranberry sauce from fresh berries, stuffing made with kamut bread for my son, regular stuffing for the rest of us, mashed potatoes from homegrown reds, crescent rolls, niblet corn, a fresh 10 lb turkey, turkey gravy. My daughter's boyfriend came over. After supper, I drive my son over to my sister's to do laundry. I fell asleep on the couch.
Sunday: I drove up to the cottage alone after church for dinner with my mom and assorted siblings. My daughter's working, my son doesn't like making the trip and my old man still has a mad on at my mother. The fall colours were still good which is late for up there. We had spiral ham, yams and pumpkin pie. I didn't sleep well that night and woke up my nephew (and my sister, of course) at 5 a.m. Then I rolled over and actually fell back asleep.
Monday: I get up and have breakfast, then pack up and head home. The trip took a little over the usual two hours, but wasn't too bad for a holiday Monday. I have a hot turkey sandwich for supper that night while everyone else has ham.
D.
I
Friday: I took my car in for an long overdue oil change at 8 a.m., then finished off my grocery shopping, and then trucked a couple of loads of laundry over to my sister's after a brief stop at home to unload. I made pumpkin pies after I got back home mid-afternoon. Then it was out to pick up some takeout for dinner. I laid down after supper and didn't get back up until almost 11 p.m. I did some tidying up and went back to bed.
Saturday: I did some tidying up in the morning. Then I started preparing turkey supper: cranberry sauce from fresh berries, stuffing made with kamut bread for my son, regular stuffing for the rest of us, mashed potatoes from homegrown reds, crescent rolls, niblet corn, a fresh 10 lb turkey, turkey gravy. My daughter's boyfriend came over. After supper, I drive my son over to my sister's to do laundry. I fell asleep on the couch.
Sunday: I drove up to the cottage alone after church for dinner with my mom and assorted siblings. My daughter's working, my son doesn't like making the trip and my old man still has a mad on at my mother. The fall colours were still good which is late for up there. We had spiral ham, yams and pumpkin pie. I didn't sleep well that night and woke up my nephew (and my sister, of course) at 5 a.m. Then I rolled over and actually fell back asleep.
Monday: I get up and have breakfast, then pack up and head home. The trip took a little over the usual two hours, but wasn't too bad for a holiday Monday. I have a hot turkey sandwich for supper that night while everyone else has ham.
D.
I
Labels: Family