Saturday, December 08, 2007
Winter of yore
The winter is starting to remind me of winters when I was a kid. The snow banks around the house sidewalk are already thigh high. My son shovels off the roof, and that snow is halfway up to the eaves.
I didn't get out to church on Sunday because we were snowed in (and they were calling for freezing rain). The neighbour showed up mid afternoon with his backhoe/snowplow contraption. I stayed home to work on Tuesday because we had eight inches of powder overnight and four more during the day. Yesterday morning, there was a car facing the wrong way in the ditch next to my driveway. I don't know why because we only got a couple of inches of powder overnight, but it hadn't been plowed.
D.
I didn't get out to church on Sunday because we were snowed in (and they were calling for freezing rain). The neighbour showed up mid afternoon with his backhoe/snowplow contraption. I stayed home to work on Tuesday because we had eight inches of powder overnight and four more during the day. Yesterday morning, there was a car facing the wrong way in the ditch next to my driveway. I don't know why because we only got a couple of inches of powder overnight, but it hadn't been plowed.
D.
Labels: Personal