Wednesday, January 09, 2008

 

I'm falling apart

Before the holiday season, I started to experience pain in my upper driving leg or higher. I thought it was RSI from driving so I adjusted my car seat. The pain felt like a hamstring pull or even worse. I was limping, had a hard time getting to sleep and Christmas shopping was a bit of a chore. When I mentioned it to my family at Christmas, my mother or one of my sisters suggested it was sciatica. I googled this and scared myself. It can be caused by a ruptured disk pressing on a nerve! The good news was that it usually resolves itself within six weeks. So I popped a few ibuprofen and glucosamine. The pain has now stopped, but I am driving every day again.

I woke up one morning after this started with pain in my jaw on the same side. My bite had changed, and I could bearly chew. This, too, has resolved itself. I have no idea what it was although I suspect the one wisdom tooth I have left.

Yesterday, I discovered a hole in one tooth where I think a filling should have been. I have no idea when it fell out.

I'm not looking forward to my senior years when middle-age is like this.

D.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?