Friday, September 26, 2008
Pretty creepy
Last week, I had my fair share of "creepy" events.
I had applied for an AIX administrator job at BNS on Sunday. Monday, I got a call from their HR for an interview. I spent that afternoon and the next morning at work feeling very nervous. I felt like I'd been stepping out on my old man.
Tuesday evening, I found out my church has a year-to-date deficit of $25,000. We're so low on cash that we might not make payroll, but we've got a new kitchen and new furnace both of which went over budget. We're going to borrow $50,000 back from the main church of the $100,000 we lent them and pay for the privilege.
Thursday afternoon on the way home from work, I hit a pigeon. It was walking across the road when I came around a corner. I thought it would fly out of the way like they usually do, but no such luck. I heard a thump, and there were feathers all over the road when I looked back in the mirror.
D.
I had applied for an AIX administrator job at BNS on Sunday. Monday, I got a call from their HR for an interview. I spent that afternoon and the next morning at work feeling very nervous. I felt like I'd been stepping out on my old man.
Tuesday evening, I found out my church has a year-to-date deficit of $25,000. We're so low on cash that we might not make payroll, but we've got a new kitchen and new furnace both of which went over budget. We're going to borrow $50,000 back from the main church of the $100,000 we lent them and pay for the privilege.
Thursday afternoon on the way home from work, I hit a pigeon. It was walking across the road when I came around a corner. I thought it would fly out of the way like they usually do, but no such luck. I heard a thump, and there were feathers all over the road when I looked back in the mirror.
D.
Labels: Personal