Saturday, January 03, 2009
New Year's Eve
The kids came over for New Year's Eve. My daughter called for a ride in the afternoon so she could make perogies for her brother using spelt flour and goats milk. Her boyfriend came over later in the evening after he finished work. We had Chinese takeout, watched some TV and welcomed in the New Year. They left a little after 1 a.m.
Just before 2 a.m., we get a call that she can't find the new ipod nano that she got for Christmas. I put a coat on over my nightgown and boots on bare feet and searched the sidewalk and the driveway but no luck. I phoned her back and gave her the bad news.
I decided to double-check inside the house before I went back to bed. I stood behind the chair where she had left her coat. I looked down and noticed earbuds in the pocket of my jacket which was hanging off the back of the same chair. Sure enough there was her ipod.
D.
Just before 2 a.m., we get a call that she can't find the new ipod nano that she got for Christmas. I put a coat on over my nightgown and boots on bare feet and searched the sidewalk and the driveway but no luck. I phoned her back and gave her the bad news.
I decided to double-check inside the house before I went back to bed. I stood behind the chair where she had left her coat. I looked down and noticed earbuds in the pocket of my jacket which was hanging off the back of the same chair. Sure enough there was her ipod.
D.
Labels: Family