Saturday, July 14, 2012
Cottage 2012 Day Two
Got up and had coffee with the old man, but I didn't have any "sweetener" aka Panama Jack. We walked the dog and went into the nearby village to pick up some beer and meat from the local butcher (a 1.5 in. thick ribeye and a marinated lamb sirloin). Then he went out fishing, and I went into town to pick up a few things after having an early lunch (udon noodle soup with leftover KFC mixed in).
We sat outside for the early part of the afternoon. I read a More magazine and then went in for a nap. After that, we sat outside a bit more waiting for the waves to die down.
Then he went out fishing again, and I put on some potatoes to bake and watched Coronation Street. After that, I cooked the steak (rare for him, medium rare for me) and put together a salad. After supper, I watched TV and got caught up with my work email even though I'm on vacation; otherwise, I'd be be buried when I got back.
He finally came in close to 10 p.m. officially shut out for the day (no fish).
Labels: vacation