Saturday, November 20, 2004
Where does the time go?
I didn't get much done during the second half of the past week, and I don't really know where the time went. I think I got lost in the Internet.
I spent most of Monday and Tuesday working on job applications (one each day). There weren't any postings on Monster or Workopolis worth applying for after Tuesday. Wednesday, I went downtown to see my recruiter. That killed half the day.
Aside from making a few phone calls, I didn't really do anything on Thursday. I might have posted my resume at a consulting firm, but I think they're already aware of me from Monster. I find creating cover letters and finding references a major "time suckage".
Friday, I went out to the monthly fellowship lunch for my church where one of the ladies told me about her brother-in-law essentially never working again after being laid off at 51. This was not the kind of story I want to hear right now.
There's too many distractions at home, but I'm not getting any housework done either. Quelle suprise!
D.
I spent most of Monday and Tuesday working on job applications (one each day). There weren't any postings on Monster or Workopolis worth applying for after Tuesday. Wednesday, I went downtown to see my recruiter. That killed half the day.
Aside from making a few phone calls, I didn't really do anything on Thursday. I might have posted my resume at a consulting firm, but I think they're already aware of me from Monster. I find creating cover letters and finding references a major "time suckage".
Friday, I went out to the monthly fellowship lunch for my church where one of the ladies told me about her brother-in-law essentially never working again after being laid off at 51. This was not the kind of story I want to hear right now.
There's too many distractions at home, but I'm not getting any housework done either. Quelle suprise!
D.