Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

The eleventh week in review

I don't feel like I have much to show for last week even though it seemed to fly by. I didn't get any career alerts worth pursuing from the various job boards. If it weren't for recruiters who are a mixed blessing, there wouldn't have been any job hunt activity at all.

The first part of the week was spent getting ready and attending the second interview at the cheque manufacturer. The second part of the week was spent completing the WSIB application/skills matrix and prepping/attending the interview at pension fund managers (I actually had to write a technical test at this one, couldn't rewrite a korn shell script to Perl so maybe I'm not as overqualified as I thought I was). Still no feedback from any of these. Rant of the day: I wish companies and recruiters were more timely and courteous in this regard. They make pests of themselves and then leave you hanging.

I was so preoccupied by these IT activities that I didn't accomplish much on the teaching front. I think I applied for an adult education position, but that was it.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?