Wednesday, January 19, 2005
A first: a second interview!
I got a callback from the cheque manufacturer informing me that I had made the top three candidates list. It was the senior WebSphere admin asking to set up a technical interview.
We spent just over an hour talking about my experience and doing a Q&A. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer all of his questions, and I know I got at least one wrong (darn WebSphere plug-in). I actually learned something new, but I don't think interviews are intended to be educational opportunities. He seemed like he'd be good to work with, too (I think we clicked but that's not technical). Double darn!
At least now I know what making it to the next level feels like. The interview process at this place has been a pleasant experience (because of the people) albeit a slow one.
D.
We spent just over an hour talking about my experience and doing a Q&A. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer all of his questions, and I know I got at least one wrong (darn WebSphere plug-in). I actually learned something new, but I don't think interviews are intended to be educational opportunities. He seemed like he'd be good to work with, too (I think we clicked but that's not technical). Double darn!
At least now I know what making it to the next level feels like. The interview process at this place has been a pleasant experience (because of the people) albeit a slow one.
D.