Tuesday, January 11, 2005
The ninth week in review
Still no movement to the next level on any of my apps. I heard from my former AIX sysadmin colleague that the cheque manufacturer is still interviewing which the team lead didn't know they were going to do (is that a bad sign?). I did get a query about my rate for an MQ job in Saudi Arabia though. I cancelled my EI claim since I don't have an ROE. The company says I will get one in four years after my salary continuation (bridge to retirement) runs out.
On the IT side, I applied for another job at Workbrain as a QA Application Deployment Specialist. I wonder if I can wear these guys down, i.e. they interview me just so I'll stop applying for jobs. I got my application at the government agency (lottery) sorted-you had to go through Workopolis rather than the corporate site. Calling the TO office for help was useless. I've got a couple of applications for contract jobs to install Websphere on the go and I've identified CTC Bank as a good fit for my software product set (all IBM on AIX).
I hadn't been reviewing the teaching sites as frequently on the IT ones and I discovered late in the week a bunch of jobs had been posted. Two are at local area schools and three were in/close to my home town which is too far to commute. The family kinda freaked out (especially my son who has been ill for a while) when I mentioned living with my mother during the week and coming home on weekends. I'm focussing on part-time and long-term occasional teaching positions as a way of getting my foot in the door.
D.
On the IT side, I applied for another job at Workbrain as a QA Application Deployment Specialist. I wonder if I can wear these guys down, i.e. they interview me just so I'll stop applying for jobs. I got my application at the government agency (lottery) sorted-you had to go through Workopolis rather than the corporate site. Calling the TO office for help was useless. I've got a couple of applications for contract jobs to install Websphere on the go and I've identified CTC Bank as a good fit for my software product set (all IBM on AIX).
I hadn't been reviewing the teaching sites as frequently on the IT ones and I discovered late in the week a bunch of jobs had been posted. Two are at local area schools and three were in/close to my home town which is too far to commute. The family kinda freaked out (especially my son who has been ill for a while) when I mentioned living with my mother during the week and coming home on weekends. I'm focussing on part-time and long-term occasional teaching positions as a way of getting my foot in the door.
D.