Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Another teaching interview
I think I forgot to mention in my last review that I had applied for another long-term supply position teaching math near Lake Simcoe. I got a call for an interview the day after applications closed which kind of surprised me. Again, getting this job would be scary because of the preparation work involved, but it's only for two months and I would have a month before the position is open to prepare.
It was a behavioural interview with three people, two vice-principals and the department head. They asked about what quality would make me a good teacher, an unresolved situation at work, what technology kids needed to be familiar with and handling diverse abilities in the classroom. I think I blew the technology question, believe it or not. I found out they had selected me for the interview on the basis of my math qualification. Funny, this didn't work for my previous application there.
It took me about forty minutes to drive there (which isn't bad actually), and the interview lasted twenty. I left with very mixed feelings. Am I kidding myself here?
D.
It was a behavioural interview with three people, two vice-principals and the department head. They asked about what quality would make me a good teacher, an unresolved situation at work, what technology kids needed to be familiar with and handling diverse abilities in the classroom. I think I blew the technology question, believe it or not. I found out they had selected me for the interview on the basis of my math qualification. Funny, this didn't work for my previous application there.
It took me about forty minutes to drive there (which isn't bad actually), and the interview lasted twenty. I left with very mixed feelings. Am I kidding myself here?
D.