Tuesday, March 15, 2005
The eighteenth week in review
I've gotten a few recruiter calls since I resaved my resumes, but the market seems to have slowed down again. I set up more agents so emails get sent out when new opportunities are posted rather than having to surf for them. As long as I have identified some possibilities or have an interview scheduled, I'm a happy camper.
On the IT front, I'm still waiting to get my application cleared at WSIB. It's now become a matter of principle. It's dragged on so long I don't care if I get an interview or not (our tax dollars at work?). I called a recruiter about a large number of postings at a Christian client. It turned out to be World Vision Canada. They are using a lot of technologies that I am familiar with but not quite expert enough. I responded to a couple of job board postings (Application Support Analyst @ RBC, Infrastructure Specialist @ IBM via TES) that I probably won't hear anything back. The good news is that I got a bite on the resume I sent to the old CICS team leader, and I have an interview after March break. Why does the whole world come to a stop just because the kids are out of school?
On the teaching front, I completed my supply teaching application with the Toronto District School Board. I'm still studying Linear Algebra and I got a pager for the tutoring position. I haven't heard anything back from the interview I went to last week, but in this case, no news is good news.
D.
On the IT front, I'm still waiting to get my application cleared at WSIB. It's now become a matter of principle. It's dragged on so long I don't care if I get an interview or not (our tax dollars at work?). I called a recruiter about a large number of postings at a Christian client. It turned out to be World Vision Canada. They are using a lot of technologies that I am familiar with but not quite expert enough. I responded to a couple of job board postings (Application Support Analyst @ RBC, Infrastructure Specialist @ IBM via TES) that I probably won't hear anything back. The good news is that I got a bite on the resume I sent to the old CICS team leader, and I have an interview after March break. Why does the whole world come to a stop just because the kids are out of school?
On the teaching front, I completed my supply teaching application with the Toronto District School Board. I'm still studying Linear Algebra and I got a pager for the tutoring position. I haven't heard anything back from the interview I went to last week, but in this case, no news is good news.
D.