Wednesday, March 30, 2005
The last two weeks in review
The past two weeks have gone by very quickly-I guess because of the interviews and the holiday. I've also had to run my son to the naturopath. He's not progressing like he was. In fact, it seems like some things have taken a step backwards. She's now suggesting therapy just like the specialist. I asked about a support group and there might be something.
At the suggestion of a former teammate, I sent out my resume to an ex-colleague who's set up his own consulting firm. All I got back in response was a request for someone else's contact info. From the Internet job boards, I applied for a short-term contract at IBM and an AIX administrator long-term contract via recruiters, but didn't hear anything back (not surprised/disappointed). I also applied for an Intermediate Technical Analyst at the Toronto Police Service and also haven't heard anything which is disappointing. I used the church fax for this last one, and it seemed to transmit OK but maybe not. I got emails that my resume had been passed to the hiring manager at RBC and a turndown from Canadian Depository for Securities.
I applied for an mature student teaching part-time position nearby, again using the church fax. I expected to hear something since I have been having good luck with teaching applications lately, but no joy. This market appears to have dried up for now although there might be some summer school positions coming up shortly.
D.
At the suggestion of a former teammate, I sent out my resume to an ex-colleague who's set up his own consulting firm. All I got back in response was a request for someone else's contact info. From the Internet job boards, I applied for a short-term contract at IBM and an AIX administrator long-term contract via recruiters, but didn't hear anything back (not surprised/disappointed). I also applied for an Intermediate Technical Analyst at the Toronto Police Service and also haven't heard anything which is disappointing. I used the church fax for this last one, and it seemed to transmit OK but maybe not. I got emails that my resume had been passed to the hiring manager at RBC and a turndown from Canadian Depository for Securities.
I applied for an mature student teaching part-time position nearby, again using the church fax. I expected to hear something since I have been having good luck with teaching applications lately, but no joy. This market appears to have dried up for now although there might be some summer school positions coming up shortly.
D.