Thursday, March 24, 2005
Night and day
I finally got my shot at WSIB, at 3:30 in the afternoon just before the long weekend starts. This interview was the complete opposite of the one on Monday.
The hiring manager is very pleasant. We have a few laughs during the interview. She basically reviews my resume. She also asks me about oncall, documentation and tasks I avoid (I almost answered this last one seriously). It lasts about 30 and 40 minutes and seems short. The interview felt a lot like the first one at the cheque manufacturers.
I am missing one product, MQ Message Broker, so we'll have to wait and see; otherwise, I'm a good fit for their product set. She's still interviewing, but expects to move to the next round in a couple of weeks.
I saw a former CLA employee as we were walking in, but he doesn't acknowledge me and vice versa. It's the same one who wouldn't give me a reference due to "internal issues/concerns".
D.
The hiring manager is very pleasant. We have a few laughs during the interview. She basically reviews my resume. She also asks me about oncall, documentation and tasks I avoid (I almost answered this last one seriously). It lasts about 30 and 40 minutes and seems short. The interview felt a lot like the first one at the cheque manufacturers.
I am missing one product, MQ Message Broker, so we'll have to wait and see; otherwise, I'm a good fit for their product set. She's still interviewing, but expects to move to the next round in a couple of weeks.
I saw a former CLA employee as we were walking in, but he doesn't acknowledge me and vice versa. It's the same one who wouldn't give me a reference due to "internal issues/concerns".
D.