Monday, March 07, 2005

 

The seventeenth week in review

Four months now without a job. I read somewhere that the average for management/professionals is 3.6. My husband expected me to have something in February. On the other hand, someone quoted the outplacement service as saying a month per 10K of salary.

On the IT front, I spent the first half of the week trying to get myself un-blacklisted at WSIB. Two agencies had submitted my resume with my permission (or so they claimed), but this is just not possible. No one at their HR would return my phone calls. The offending agency swore up and down that they didn't submit my resume (I have now blocked their domain from my email). The original agency is still trying to get things straightened out, but the hiring and HR managers were away on seminar all week. This is still in the context of the LDAP job where I'm really interested in the MQ position. Also, I got a nibble from the Ontario government from one of resumes I sent out to a former colleague. I need to rejig my resume for them.

On the teaching front, I got a turndown for the Barrie supply job as soon as the posting closed so they must have hired an internal applicant. I went to an open house for one of the local school boards this past weekend, but it was disappointing both on content and salary. I haven't heard anything from the tutoring company so I need to "bug" them. The first year linear algebra is tough sledding.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?