Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Another busy week

RBC posted an MQ job late last week. I let one of my former teammates know and then scheduled my MQ certification. Monday afternoon, I went down to the city and wrote the exam. I passed but just barely. I did way better on the sample exam. I submitted my application to RBC as soon as I got home.

Tuesday afternoon, I ran up to Cookstown Auto and got a used fender for my van. They said they had a blue one over the phone, but it was teal and it had a big rust spot on it. There was also a green one (more rust). I ended up taking a red (!) one and even it had stone chips, but it was only $85.

With assistance from a close neighbour, my son and my husband replaced the damaged one on Wednesday. There was damage to the inner fender but they banged and pulled and got it straightened out. Took the better part of the day. That evening, I went to my church's Strawberry Supper. The all-you-eat menu was ham, mashed potato salad flavoured with pickle juice, spring salad with raspberry vinaigrette, fresh buns, strawberries, white cake (slab) and real whipped cream. I bussed tables and poured coffee/tea for a couple of hours. I snuck out when my back told me it was time to go.

This afternoon (Thursday), I took the new pickup down to the dealer for a warranty oil change and tire rotation. There was an email from Manulife when I got back that they were proceeding with a candidate with more WebSphere experience as I half expected. My husband thought that I had this one for sure. At least, we can stop sweating about a move to Waterloo.

Tomorrow (Friday), I head downtown to have lunch with the guys. It was supposed to be my boss's last week on the job, but he's been extended to September. We can all make it so we're going ahead anyway. I'm looking forward to having a couple of beers with them.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?