Sunday, June 26, 2005
The past three weeks in review
Having the Manulife position hanging over my head had put a damper on my efforts even though it shouldn't have. The position went to someone with more WebSphere experience. This is no surprise as I am one level behind and soon to be two. I found out after lunch on Friday that one of my former teammates, the Linux anarchist, had been hired by Edulinx. This was the first place that I interviewed with back in November. He's spending one and a half hours commuting one way. Hopefully, it's on his bike.
Reposting my resume on Workopolis and Monster after getting my MQ certification was a mistake. I am getting calls from recruiters again (WAS admin at Honda and Toyota, middleware support at IBM, middleware specialist at WSIB (not in this lifetime)), but nothing has come from these. In fact, Honda fed back to the agency that I had no AIX or WAS admin skills. I don't know whose resume they were looking at.
I have gotten automated rejection notices for Blackberry Change Coordinator at RIM, Service Delivery Consultant and Infrastructure Integration Consultant at CIBC and Technical Support Analyst at RBC. Also, a Technical Analyst position at HP was cancelled. This is better than not hearing anything but not much. I'm into reruns on some jobs (Middleware Support Specialist at CI Funds, Change Manager at Manulife). How pathetic. There were also applications for WebSphere Administrator via Ian Martin and UNIX programmer at CBC.
One more week until the family vacation at my mother's cottage. The guys fish, my daughter swims and reads and I cook and hang out with my mother.
D.
Reposting my resume on Workopolis and Monster after getting my MQ certification was a mistake. I am getting calls from recruiters again (WAS admin at Honda and Toyota, middleware support at IBM, middleware specialist at WSIB (not in this lifetime)), but nothing has come from these. In fact, Honda fed back to the agency that I had no AIX or WAS admin skills. I don't know whose resume they were looking at.
I have gotten automated rejection notices for Blackberry Change Coordinator at RIM, Service Delivery Consultant and Infrastructure Integration Consultant at CIBC and Technical Support Analyst at RBC. Also, a Technical Analyst position at HP was cancelled. This is better than not hearing anything but not much. I'm into reruns on some jobs (Middleware Support Specialist at CI Funds, Change Manager at Manulife). How pathetic. There were also applications for WebSphere Administrator via Ian Martin and UNIX programmer at CBC.
One more week until the family vacation at my mother's cottage. The guys fish, my daughter swims and reads and I cook and hang out with my mother.
D.