Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

... the bad ...

Last week, I had to reschedule a day off because of IBM. I found out the day before that they needed some changes in order to test. This wasn't a last minute thing in that they could have said something earlier. I knew I would have to do the work, but didn't think it would be required for another two weeks. I came in and shepherded the request through change management. This took the better part of a day because of the yearend freeze. It wasn't even a production change. I got two half days off before Christmas and New Year's so I thought it worked out OK.

I only worked two days this week because of the holidays and the half day off, but I spent part of it getting ready for some server setups IBM is doing next week. I prepared MQ configurations files for two new QA servers. Late this afternoon, I find out that a third configuration file is required. I had assumed that IBM was going to do it, but I was wrong. I had planned to leave early so I did. I'm off next week but promised to come in if necessary. The hardware is already a week late.

I don't know what the IBM project manager is doing to earn his money. These requirements for our resources just fall out of the sky. We're paying them a half million dollars for this behaviour. Meanwhile, our PM is working 12 hr days to keep everything on track. I asked to be assigned to this project so that I could make sure that IBM earned their money. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?