Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Helping a drinking buddy

I went to borrow a cellphone off the Intel server team leader. I wanted to play with its email capabilities for oncall purposes. The phone was turned in by someone who resigned. I found out that he has three openings that he is trying to fill. I told him I knew someone competent, and he was interested. He's looking for a Novell/network administrator right now so I wasn't sure of the fit.

I fired off an email with caveats to a Windows sysadmin who's now looking for an IT job. I need someone to have lunch as noone I know seems to bother anymore. He has been dabbling outside the industry since he left CLA. He responded almost immediately with his resume. Of course, it makes him sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread (I peeked). I guess he didn't use the outplacement service because parts of it are dated.

Anyway, I passed it on and wished him luck. I really don't know where I stand with this team leader and whether he values my judgement. It's only been three months (almost!) since I joined the company.

D.

Comments:
Hi Debbie! Happy to see you're working again. No, I'm not, but I too have a blog. It's all about softwares & movies so you or yours can download to your hearts' content. RRR... SL
http://torrent-duck.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?