Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Back on the job

I moved the other two queue managers to shared DASD after getting my sysadmin buddy to reboot the server once again. Everything went tickety-boo.

I added all the queue managers to the heartbeat file on both machines in the Linux cluster. The next thing I know, the queue managers on the first machine have failed over to the second machine. The first machine then shuts down. Thank God this is only the QA environment. Well, at least now we know the clustering works. I forgot to start the listeners, and the heartbeat looks for them (that's my theory for now).

The two queue managers from the first machine aren't running though and won't start. Their subdirectories are corrupted. I find out later that there was some kind of VMWare backup running at the time of the shutdown. This is what trashed the directories.

I asked the sysadmin to do a restore of the original /var/mqm directories. There is no backup! The backups have not been running, and the tsm administrator position is unfilled. The only alternative is to recreate the two queue managers from scratch and redo the move to the shared DASD. Done and done. I will attempt to re-enable the heartbeat tomorrow.

D.

Monday's soup: curry chick pea (did I mention the soup is great here)
Today's soup: meat chili

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?