Saturday, January 07, 2006
The good ...
I've been off all week.
A few weeks ago, I built a small MQ cluster from scratch. The next week, I tried to move the one half to shared DASD as a first step to making it Highly Available. No dice! I kept getting messages that the directory was read only so I left it. My Linux support buddy was off until after Christmas anyway.
Last week, my buddy was back. While he was working on the first half, I gave the second half a try. No problem! I just followed the IBM documentation step-by-step. I was even able to run a script intended for the AIX platform, and it worked. My buddy just restarted the server to clear the read-only directory problem. There's something not quite right about Linux (you get what you pay for). I'll work on the first half when I get back to work.
D.
A few weeks ago, I built a small MQ cluster from scratch. The next week, I tried to move the one half to shared DASD as a first step to making it Highly Available. No dice! I kept getting messages that the directory was read only so I left it. My Linux support buddy was off until after Christmas anyway.
Last week, my buddy was back. While he was working on the first half, I gave the second half a try. No problem! I just followed the IBM documentation step-by-step. I was even able to run a script intended for the AIX platform, and it worked. My buddy just restarted the server to clear the read-only directory problem. There's something not quite right about Linux (you get what you pay for). I'll work on the first half when I get back to work.
D.