Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Success and disaster

I finally got the production MQ cluster reformatted. It took it almost three full days and the recreation of one queue manager (which I probably didn't have to do). It helps if you read the manual thoroughly. I now know more about refreshing clusters than I should really have to know.

Then I found out only in passing that I would have to participate in the disaster recovery test for three different applications next weekend. I had only been expecting to work on recovering the cluster. Two of the applications are Windows-based which will require installs from the scratch, and the one includes MQSI which I haven't worked with. There is no documentation on MQ configuration for any of the applications! The other application and the cluster we should be able to restore via TSM, but I'm not looking forward to this.

I have an insurance exam to write on the Monday morning after the test and I'm not completely prepared yet.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?