Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Another one bites the dust
One of the old CLAers was let go yesterday. He was in charge of a team that did something with Business Objects (same as at CLA). According to my manager, his business client wouldn't work with him anymore. I thought that he had changed, but not enough I guess.
I worked with him on an Intranet application implementation back in 2000. It was based on old technology (Netscape, CICS/6000, DCE and depreciated hardware), but was a step from the paper-based system that was being used . I had problems getting CICS Universal Client to work in place of CICS/6000, and he was always on my case about meeting his project schedule. The app wasn't ready either so the point was moot. We went live about three or four months late. His creation out-lived him as he lost his job in one of the perennial downsizings a few years later. I used him as an example of a difficult client when I was interviewing.
D.
P.S. It looks like his job was posted on Workopolis the same day.
I worked with him on an Intranet application implementation back in 2000. It was based on old technology (Netscape, CICS/6000, DCE and depreciated hardware), but was a step from the paper-based system that was being used . I had problems getting CICS Universal Client to work in place of CICS/6000, and he was always on my case about meeting his project schedule. The app wasn't ready either so the point was moot. We went live about three or four months late. His creation out-lived him as he lost his job in one of the perennial downsizings a few years later. I used him as an example of a difficult client when I was interviewing.
D.
P.S. It looks like his job was posted on Workopolis the same day.