Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

Let the games begins

They announced the hiring of a new CIO for the department mid week. She (yes, she) starts the first week of June. She comes from the biomedical industry.

I asked the contract PM behind/beside me if we should start a pool as to when the first reorg happens. She laughed (and she has a very hearty laugh). We decided that we wouldn't include her first week on the job in the pool.

I've been through this before so let me put some predictions "on paper", and we'll see how close I am to being right. There will be a reorganization/restructuring, and there will be firings or demotions (the new broom sweeps clean) and hirings (the new broom brings in her own people). I would expect the first changes to be at the VP level. My VP is new so he might have a very short career with the company. Something will happen at the six week mark if she is really worth her salt; otherwise, we're looking at three months.

In the meantime, Gartner (and Mercer?) have been brought in to do some consulting. The specifics have not been communicated.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?