Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Town Hall crying
Last Thursday, the department had another of its Town Hall sessions. It was pretty good. A former CLAer (newly joined architect) was the MC. I wish I was having as much fun as the senior execs appear to be.
At the end, they always have a Q&A for the these guys. There was the usual whining and blaming about the sorry state of the department (these people just don't get it). One of the "good" questions was about the previous two failed transformations. The CIO claimed not to know anything about these, the unsuccessful transformations that is. The AVP now in charge of the Transformation program was in the room, actually the guilty party here, but couldn't get a word in edgewise, which was probably a good thing.
The other "good" question was about former CLAers circumventing the posting process and bringing in their cronies. I'm wondering if I have a target on my back. I know my big boss is in trouble with the Transformation program right now. He has a couple of outstanding deliverables (project plans), and the knives are out. If he goes, me and my boss probably won't be far behind.
D.
At the end, they always have a Q&A for the these guys. There was the usual whining and blaming about the sorry state of the department (these people just don't get it). One of the "good" questions was about the previous two failed transformations. The CIO claimed not to know anything about these, the unsuccessful transformations that is. The AVP now in charge of the Transformation program was in the room, actually the guilty party here, but couldn't get a word in edgewise, which was probably a good thing.
The other "good" question was about former CLAers circumventing the posting process and bringing in their cronies. I'm wondering if I have a target on my back. I know my big boss is in trouble with the Transformation program right now. He has a couple of outstanding deliverables (project plans), and the knives are out. If he goes, me and my boss probably won't be far behind.
D.